"The only drawback to this lovely dessert is that there's never any left over," laughs Lori Thorp from Frazee, Minnesota. "For a patriotic look, replace one of the layers of strawberry pie filling with blueberry...or use whatever filling you prefer."
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 38 crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) strawberry pie filling
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the sour cream; mix well.
- In a small bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Stir into cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping.
- In a small bowl, combine crackers and butter.
- In a 2-1/2-qt. trifle bowl, layer half of the cream cheese mixture, crumbs and pie filling. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p62
Reviews for Cheesecake Strawberry Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review