Cheesecake Strawberry Pie
"This creamy concoction is so refreshing on a hot day and also really easy to assemble," comments Janis Plourde from Smooth Rock Falls, Ontario. With its appealing look, company will never know how simple it is.Janis Plourde, Smooth Rock Falls, Ontario
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cold fat-free milk, divided
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- In a bowl, combine the strawberries, almonds and sugar. Pour into
- crust. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually add 1/2
- cup of milk. Add remaining milk and pudding mix. Beat for 1 minute
- or until blended; pour over strawberries. Cover and refrigerate for
- 2 hours or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 189 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.