Cheesecake Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cold fat-free milk, divided
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1. In a bowl, combine the strawberries, almonds and sugar. Pour into crust. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually add 1/2 cup of milk. Add remaining milk and pudding mix. Beat for 1 minute or until blended; pour over strawberries. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving equals 189 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.