Cheesecake Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 8 cups milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Gradually add milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- 2. Whisk a small amount of hot milk mixture into the eggs; return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Stir in the cream cheese until melted.
- 3. Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 4. Stir strawberries and cream into custard. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 1 gallon.
1/2 cup equals 202 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.