Cheesecake Squares Recipe
I lived on a dairy farm when I was young and my mom always had a lot of sour cream to use. She never wasted any, and this cheesecake was one of my family's favorites. It's great topped with blackberry sauce.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour + chilling YIELD:20 servings
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Seasonal fresh fruit, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, ricotta and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in the butter, cornstarch, flour and vanilla until smooth. Fold in sour cream.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour or until almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- 3. Chill several hours or overnight. Top each serving with fruit if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 209 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC