Cheesecake Squares Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Seasonal fresh fruit, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, ricotta and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in the butter, cornstarch, flour and vanilla until smooth. Fold in sour cream.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour or until almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- 3. Chill several hours or overnight. Top each serving with fruit if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
1 piece: 209 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, trace fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Cheesecake Squares
"These were fabulous. The family loved them."
"Quick and easy. I melted some leftover chocolate chips and drizzled over the top before baking."
"Did you use low fat cream cheese? Sometimes that will make a difference. Was it just the first piece or two that came out hard or all of them?"
"These were delicious with a little cherry pie filling or strawberry jam on top. My only problem was that the squares didn't come out of the pan very neatly. Any ideas? I chilled it overnight."
"One of the best cheesecakes, plus Quick and Easy. Great for a large group. Have the recipe handy because veryone will want it!"
"This recipe is great! I have made this for large groups and it is the "perfect" dessert...Just a taste of delicious cheesecake!"
"This recipe is wonderful! I made 3 batches for an anniversary celebration. I used blueberries and strawberries and my friends loved every bit of it. This is perfect for those who do not like deserts too sweet. Thanks for sharing!"