I lived on a dairy farm when I was young and my mom always had a lot of sour cream to use. She never wasted any, and this cheesecake was one of my family's favorites. It's great topped with blackberry sauce.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Seasonal fresh fruit, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, ricotta and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in the butter, cornstarch, flour and vanilla until smooth. Fold in sour cream.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour or until almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Chill several hours or overnight. Top each serving with fruit if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Cheesecake Squares in Country April/May 1996, p49
Reviews for Cheesecake Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review