- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- PRALINE TOPPING:
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-third full.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and flour until smooth. Drop by tablespoonfuls into center of each muffin. Top with remaining batter.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar and sour cream; spoon over batter. Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cheesecake Pumpkin Muffins
"These muffins were a big hit with my co-workers. They take some time to put together, but worth it in the end. Yum!"
"Simply amazing! These muffins are wonderful!"
"Sorry. This was the worst pumpkin recipe I have ever made. The baking soda amount was over the top and the pumpkin muffin tasted like baking soda. It was awful. This recipe needs to be deleted. O stars. Just awful. Do not make."
"I added double strength vanilla to batter and cream cheese filling. Delicious."
"fantastic. I would also double the praline topping next time and add pumpkin pie spice."
"Absolutely terrific recipe. I made these for the crew I work with and the men came back asking for the recipe. Nice texture, the cream cheese filling stays soft even the muffins are cool, and the praline topping is terrific. I doubled it the second time I made the recipe for even more crunch and flavor."
"Absolutely delicious! Made these for my family and they loved them."
"These were very tasty and moist! I used almost all applesauce instead of oil, and I added some allspice, cloves and vanilla. Thank you for sharing!"
"mmmmm. yum add a bit of nutmeg"
"Great recipe! These are perfect to serve to company or give as gifts, but I would easily be able to eat them all by myself! I also doubled the topping & added a splash of vanilla extract to the batter & filling. No need to buy expensive scented candles or potpourri... just bake up a batch of these muffins!"