Cheesecake Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
My mother-in-law came up with these tender treats by combining a few of her favorite muffin recipes. Chock-full of pumpkin, they feature both a sweet cream cheese filling and crunchy praline topping. —Lisa Powelson, Scott City, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- PRALINE TOPPING:
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-third full.
- 2. For filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and flour until smooth. Drop by tablespoonfuls into center of each muffin. Top with remaining batter.
- 3. For topping, in a small bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar and sour cream; spoon over batter. Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 muffin equals 354 calories, 21 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC