- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- PRALINE TOPPING:
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-third full.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and flour until smooth. Drop by tablespoonfuls into center of each muffin. Top with remaining batter.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar and sour cream; spoon over batter. Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cheesecake Pumpkin Muffins
"These muffins were a big hit with my co-workers. They take some time to put together, but worth it in the end. Yum!"
"Simply amazing! These muffins are wonderful!"
"I added double strength vanilla to batter and cream cheese filling. Delicious."
"fantastic. I would also double the praline topping next time and add pumpkin pie spice."
"Absolutely terrific recipe. I made these for the crew I work with and the men came back asking for the recipe. Nice texture, the cream cheese filling stays soft even the muffins are cool, and the praline topping is terrific. I doubled it the second time I made the recipe for even more crunch and flavor."
"Absolutely delicious! Made these for my family and they loved them."
"These were very tasty and moist! I used almost all applesauce instead of oil, and I added some allspice, cloves and vanilla. Thank you for sharing!"
"mmmmm. yum add a bit of nutmeg"
"Great recipe! These are perfect to serve to company or give as gifts, but I would easily be able to eat them all by myself! I also doubled the topping & added a splash of vanilla extract to the batter & filling. No need to buy expensive scented candles or potpourri... just bake up a batch of these muffins!"