Cheesecake Praline Squares Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, butter, pecans and confectioners' sugar. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20-24 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the milk, vanilla and lemon peel. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans and vanilla. Pour over cheesecake. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Cut into squares. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece: 582 calories, 37g fat (17g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Cheesecake Praline Squares
"Huge hit at Christmas. My sister-in-law requested it again for Thanksgiving this year."
"Forgot to rate this when I actually made it a while ago now. Very good and I will make again soon!"
"These are wonderful! I've made them for quite a few events and everyone always wants the recipe."
"The bottom is too thick and its too sweet for my taste."
"Several people at work asked for the recipe! A definite keeper!"
"Delicious! A little difficult to cut and keep pretty, though. I cut it while it was cold and I had to wash the knife off every few inches of cutting."
"This is probably the best cheesecake recipe I have ever made. It was excellent!"
"I brought this to a ladies Christmas party tonight for my church and they raved about this cheesecake. I toasted the pecans in the oven for about 10 minutes or so prior to adding them to the topping."