Cheesecake Pops Recipe
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 45 lollipop sticks (4 inches long)
- 3 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) white baking chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- Toppings: grated coconut, grated chocolate, assorted sprinkles and chopped nuts
- 1. Line the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan with parchment paper; coat paper and sides of pan with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla until blended. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- 3. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Cover and freeze overnight.
- 4. Remove from the freezer and let stand for 30 minutes. Place cracker crumbs in a shallow bowl. Working quickly, scoop out 1-in. balls of cheesecake; roll each in cracker crumbs and insert a lollipop stick. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- 5. In a microwave, melt white chips and shortening at 70% power; stir until smooth. Place toppings in shallow bowls. Dip cheesecake pops in white chip mixture; allow excess to drip off. Roll in toppings. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 45 cheesecake pops.
1 cheesecake pop (calculated without sprinkles and nuts) equals 203 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.