"A FRIEND gave me this recipe, and I love it so much! The secret is in the bakingI just let it barely show little bubbles on the surface before I take it out of the oven. You don't want cheesecake to bake too long."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional lemon peel, optional
- Mint leaves, optional
- In a bowl, Combine cracker crumbs and butter. Firmly press onto the
- bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Cover and refrigerate
- for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add
- eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla and
- lemon peel just until blended. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Remove from the oven; let stand for 5 minutes (leave oven on).
- Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread carefully over