Cheesecake Phyllo Cups Recipe
Lorraine Chevalier of Merrimac, Massachusetts borrowed this recipe from a friend, whose husband is diabetic, and has been making the colorful cheesecake bites ever since. Topped with kiwifruit and mandarin oranges, they are just delicious.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:30 servings
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (2.1 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells, thawed
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges slices, drained
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced and cut into quarters
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar substitute and vanilla until smooth.
- 2. Pipe or spoon into phyllo shells. Top each with an orange segment and kiwi piece. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each equals 46 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC