These creamy squares are a nice alternative for folks who are invited to made a cheesecake or other fancy dessert. Fresh fruit on top gives them a little more elegance.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, separated
- Fresh fruit
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add egg yolks; beat on low speed just until combined.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour over crust. Bake for 28-39 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with fruit. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Cheesecake Dessert Squares in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p231
Reviews for Cheesecake Dessert Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2011
"Good recipe to make for a crowd. My husband has made this for Thanksgiving the last two years for a house full, with no leftovers."