I like to serve these wonderful bars as one of the desserts for Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone always goes back for seconds!—Kris Lehman
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup for the topping. Stir in chips to the remaining mixture. With floured fingers, press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until light. Add the milk, lemon juice and vanilla; beat until smooth. Pour over the crust. Combine the cornstarch and cranberry sauce until blended. Spoon over the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the reserved crust mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool for 1 hour on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cheesecake Cranberry Bars in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p288
Reviews for Cheesecake Cranberry Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review