- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup for the topping. Stir in chips to the remaining mixture. With floured fingers, press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until light. Add the milk, lemon juice and vanilla; beat until smooth. Pour over the crust. Combine the cornstarch and cranberry sauce until blended. Spoon over the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the reserved crust mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool for 1 hour on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cheesecake Cranberry Bars in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook , p288
Reviews for Cheesecake Cranberry Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2013
"this is delicious, with either homemade or canned cranberry sauce and it looks very colorful."
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2010
"I have been making this recipe for years now--it it my most asked-for cookie!I omit the chips; use fat-free 14oz Eagle brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (not evaporated milk), and store the finished cookie (cut into squares) in the freezer (has a scrumptious taste when eaten frozen!!)This cookie treat is definately a keeper for all the holidays"