I was introduced to cooking at an early age by my grandmother. Now I cook everything from entrees to desserts. These bars won first place at a company picnic.—James Harris, Columbus, Georgia
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, egg, butter and nuts until well
- blended. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside.
- In small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla until
- smooth. Carefully spread over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a
- wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 230 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.