I was introduced to cooking at an early age by my grandmother. Now I cook everything from entrees to desserts. These bars won first place at a company picnic.—James Harris, Columbus, Georgia
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, egg, butter and nuts until well blended. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside.
- In small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Carefully spread over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cheesecake Brownies in Taste of Home August/September 1995, p47
Reviews for Cheesecake Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review