- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, egg, butter and nuts until well blended. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside.
- In small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Carefully spread over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cheesecake Brownies
Sort By :
I usually enjoy Taste of Home recipes, but this was probably the worst recipe of have ever used..Cake that was packed in the pan fell apart, and the entire project was a mess. Bottom burned, and it just tasted terrible...I tore up the recipe, never to use again.
I'VE BEEN USING THIS RECIPE FOR A LIL BIT...VERY VERSATILE RECIPE, WITH THE SAME DECADENCE EVERY TIME. MY LAST BATCH -SWISS CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX PREPARED AS DIRECTED IN BROWNIE RECIPE.
I ALSO ADDED GIHARDELLI BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE TO CREAM CHEESE MIX. YOU WOULDN'T IMAGINE HOW MANY FOLKS TOLD ME THEY WERE THE BEST THEY EVER HAD!!!
absolutely wonderful :)