- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, egg, butter and nuts until well blended. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside.
- In small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Carefully spread over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cheesecake Brownies
Sort By :
"I'd used a regular dark chocolate fudge cake mix and omitted nuts! I also greased and floured my baking pan! I baked this recipe 30 minutes.I was pleased with the results of this recipe! I'd shared the brownies with my colleagues at the Nutrition Dept. and these brownies won raves! This recipe is a keeper for me! Thank you for sharing this recipe!delowenstein"
"I usually enjoy Taste of Home recipes, but this was probably the worst recipe of have ever used..Cake that was packed in the pan fell apart, and the entire project was a mess. Bottom burned, and it just tasted terrible...I tore up the recipe, never to use again."
"I'VE BEEN USING THIS RECIPE FOR A LIL BIT...VERY VERSATILE RECIPE, WITH THE SAME DECADENCE EVERY TIME. MY LAST BATCH -SWISS CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX PREPARED AS DIRECTED IN BROWNIE RECIPE.I ALSO ADDED GIHARDELLI BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE TO CREAM CHEESE MIX. YOU WOULDN'T IMAGINE HOW MANY FOLKS TOLD ME THEY WERE THE BEST THEY EVER HAD!!!"
"absolutely wonderful :)"