- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Prepare brownie mix batter according to package directions. Spread 2 cups into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread evenly over brownie batter. Top with remaining brownie batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (brownies may appear moist). Cool completely on a wire rack. Spread frosting over brownies. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Cheesecake Brownie Squares
"Easy to make and were moist and tender. Made the recipe as directed."
"Hi, is there a "from scratch" way to do the choc frosting and fudge brownie mix to get the result you are sharing? I dont....use instants...."
"awesome! everyone loved these. will make again"
"I made these yesterday and they are excellent! I used 8 ozs. of cream cheese. I added one cup semisweet chocolate chips to the batter, so I didn't frost them. The brownies are 1-1/4" thick, very moist and tender. This recipe is a definite keeper!"
"i loved them. they were gone in minutes at my home. we ate the entire pan in less then 20 minutes"