- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, walnuts, brown sugar and butter. Set aside 2 cups. Press the remaining mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, milk, lemon juice and vanilla just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved walnut mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cheesecake Bars
"I made this recipe last Christmas and it was good. The crust was different with the walnuts in it - didn't get soggy like graham crackers do. The filling was good - not as light as a traditional cheesecake, but still nice, and much easier to make and manage than the springform pan.Unfortunately there were only the two of us here when I made it, so I ended up throwing some away. This year I will make an 8x8 pan and halve the ingredients."