Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes (1-3/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, brown beef; drain and set aside. In the same saucepan, saute the onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the broth, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from the heat; blend in sour cream. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Cheeseburger Soup
Sort By :
"This was a big hit at Bible Study tonight. I doubled the recipe. Two guys went back for a 3rd helping. Everyone wanted the recipe. Will definitely make it again."
"I made this soup but added 1 cup of cooked bacon and 1 Tablespoon bacon drippings. My family devoured it!"
"This Soup is "Great Comfort Food" for a Cold night. I increased my Hamburger to 1 lb. Used 1 cup of Heavy Cream in at the end. And extra Velveeta Cheese about 4 oz. more. Delicious."
"I like this recipe better. http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cheesy-meatball-soup"
"I couldn't wait to try this soup due to the rave reviews except that is from the nutrition police. It is a filling and tasty meal but I couldn't give it more than 3 stars. Because to us it was just average. I will probably make it again and maybe add more ground beef."