Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes (1-3/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, brown beef; drain and set aside. In the same saucepan, saute the onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the broth, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from the heat; blend in sour cream. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Cheeseburger Soup
Sort By :
"I made this soup but added 1 cup of cooked bacon and 1 Tablespoon bacon drippings. My family devoured it!"
"This Soup is "Great Comfort Food" for a Cold night. I increased my Hamburger to 1 lb. Used 1 cup of Heavy Cream in at the end. And extra Velveeta Cheese about 4 oz. more. Delicious."
"I like this recipe better. http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cheesy-meatball-soup"
"I couldn't wait to try this soup due to the rave reviews except that is from the nutrition police. It is a filling and tasty meal but I couldn't give it more than 3 stars. Because to us it was just average. I will probably make it again and maybe add more ground beef."
"We wanted to try this based on all of the good reviews. But we did not like it. Little flavor and a lot of work."