Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes (1-3/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, brown beef; drain and set aside. In the same saucepan, saute the onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the broth, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from the heat; blend in sour cream. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Cheeseburger Soup(316)
Sort By :
What a great soup. Printing up copies for friends. Make it per recipe and tweek to your taste. Easy to work with.
MMMMGood!!! I did add an extra 1/2 lb. hamburger. I didn't even try it with the sour cream, because it was so" GOOD" already. Also, it just get's tastier as leftovers! Thank you for a very tasty soup during this very long, very cold winter!
This is my most favorite soup ever!! Just the way it is!
I use 4 slices bacon in place of butter, saute my onion in it, then sprinkle the flour over it cook slightly then gradually add milk and stir and add all ing., use leftover baked potato or microwave them, don't usually have velveeta so I use sharp cheddar or a mix of what I have, no carrot, celery, or herbs or sour cream, add a dash of worcheshire sauce, set aside some cooked ground beef from another recipe and it comes together very quickly, love this soup.
I mixed half cheddar and half Velveeta (I didn't have enough Velveeta on hand). Soup turned out delicious and I now get requests from the family to make it again and again!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Soup >
- Cheese Soup Recipes >
- Cheeseburger Soup >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Ground Beef Recipes >