I don't have a lot of extra time to spend in the kitchen. That's why I appreciate this robust soup. You can cook the ground beef and rice ahead of time for fast assembly.
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 3 cups milk
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the carrot, onion, celery and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the beef, rice, milk and cheese; simmer, uncovered, until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally (do not boil). Just before serving, whisk in the sour cream; heat through. Yield: 10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Cheeseburger Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p105
Reviews for Cheeseburger Soup with Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review