Cheeseburger Soup with Rice Recipe
I don't have a lot of extra time to spend in the kitchen. That's why I appreciate this robust soup. You can cook the ground beef and rice ahead of time for fast assembly.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 3 cups milk
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the carrot, onion, celery and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Stir in the beef, rice, milk and cheese; simmer, uncovered, until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally (do not boil). Just before serving, whisk in the sour cream; heat through. Yield: 10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 368 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 790 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC