Cheeseburger Skillet Dinner
This skillet dinner is doubly quick. The leftovers-if there are any-can be reheated to make a second meal as tasty as the first.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown the turkey or beef with the
- onion; drain. Stir in vegetables, ketchup, water, mustard and garlic
- powder. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Mix in macaroni and
- cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 4-6 servings.