Cheeseburger Skillet Dinner Recipe
This skillet dinner is doubly quick. The leftovers-if there are any-can be reheated to make a second meal as tasty as the first.
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown the turkey or beef with the onion; drain. Stir in vegetables, ketchup, water, mustard and garlic powder. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Add cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Mix in macaroni and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 4-6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC