Besides being delicious, this dish is easy to make with on-hand ingredientsI don't have to run to the grocer first!Pauline Schuurman, Tillsonburg, Ontario
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion; drain and set aside. In a
- bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk, oregano, salt and pepper; beat in
- eggs. Stir in beef mixture and 1 cup cheese. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and
- sprinkle with remaining cheese. Allow to stand 5 minutes before
- cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 447 calories, 35 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 152 mg cholesterol, 642 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.