Cheeseburger Pockets Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 5 slices process American cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and cool.
- Place two biscuits overlapping on a floured surface; roll out into a 5-in. oval. Place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture on one side. Fold a cheese slice to fit over meat mixture. Fold dough over filling; press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining biscuits, meat mixture and cheese.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Prick tops with a fork. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Pockets(18)
Sort By :
The family loved these. Will be making them again soon.
bad the whole family didn't like it
Very good. Easy to make and had a good taste. I only used one biscuit for each pocket, which made more and they are good reheated. This is a keeper!!!
My 3 teens loved them, I used about a pound and a quarter of burger and 2 tubes of the dough. Omitted onions.My kids want to deep fry them next time, so we may try that!
I made them with ground beef and sauteed onions. Delicious! I love that you could stuff the pockets with whatever ingredients you wanted to.