- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 5 slices process American cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and cool.
- Place two biscuits overlapping on a floured surface; roll out into a 5-in. oval. Place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture on one side. Fold a cheese slice to fit over meat mixture. Fold dough over filling; press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining biscuits, meat mixture and cheese.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Prick tops with a fork. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Pockets
Sort By :
"Haven't made them yet. Can you freeze these if so for how long & heating instructions please ? Be nice to have on hand when all of a sudden I have the grandkids for dinner."
"These hit the comfort spot with me - typical American kids food!! My husband really enjoyed them and they were a nice change from usual meat/potatoes. I used sausage meat cuz that's what I had, seasoned it with garlic and a blob of cheez whiz on top cuz I didn't have cheese slices. You could really put whatever meat/herbs/seasonings you wanted in these and they would turn out yummy!"
"My very picky husband and son really enjoyed these. To save time I use dried minced onion vs. chopping fresh. They were super easy and fast to put together for weeknight dinner and my son could help which is a plus since he's 3. Also think we can easily customize to try different flavors, tastes and still appeal to their specific requests. Next time I think I'd add some diced tomatoes or green pepper to try for a more Mexican flavor. We'll make these again for sure!"
"The family loved these. Will be making them again soon."
"bad the whole family didn't like it"