Cheeseburger Pockets Recipe
Ground beef is my favorite meat to cook with because it's so versatile, flavorful and economical. Refrigerated biscuits save you the trouble of making dough from scratch.—Pat Chambless, Crowder, Oklahoma
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 5 slices process American cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and cool.
- 2. Place two biscuits overlapping on a floured surface; roll out into a 5-in. oval. Place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture on one side. Fold a cheese slice to fit over meat mixture. Fold dough over filling; press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining biscuits, meat mixture and cheese.
- 3. Place on a greased baking sheet. Prick tops with a fork. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 299 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 1,101 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC