Ground beef is my favorite meat to cook with because it's so versatile, flavorful and economical. Refrigerated biscuits save you the trouble of making dough from scratch.Pat Chambless, Crowder, Oklahoma
5 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 5 slices process American cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and cool.
- Place two biscuits overlapping on a floured surface; roll out into a
- 5-in. oval. Place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture on one side. Fold a
- cheese slice to fit over meat mixture. Fold dough over filling;
- press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining biscuits,
- meat mixture and cheese.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Prick tops with a fork. Bake at
- 400° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Pricking the tips of Cheeseburger Pockets helps steam escape during baking. If you don't do this, the pockets will puff up and may break open.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 299 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 1,101 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein.