- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 5 slices process American cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and cool.
- Place two biscuits overlapping on a floured surface; roll out into a 5-in. oval. Place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture on one side. Fold a cheese slice to fit over meat mixture. Fold dough over filling; press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining biscuits, meat mixture and cheese.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Prick tops with a fork. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Pockets
"After reading the reviews I decided to cook bacon to go in the beef mixture, along with adding ketchup and seasoned salt. I definitely will make this again, probably will try BBQ sauce in meat mix, next time."
"As written they are simple and good, but could use some oomph, some steak seasoning or whatever you like to put in your burger mix. Next time I'd add ketchup and mustard either to the mixture, or as a glaze on the outside of the pockets. I am not a fan of American Cheese, so I used shredded cheddar. You could also brush the outside with egg wash and sprinkle on some sesame seeds."
"Haven't made them yet. Can you freeze these if so for how long & heating instructions please ? Be nice to have on hand when all of a sudden I have the grandkids for dinner."
"These hit the comfort spot with me - typical American kids food!! My husband really enjoyed them and they were a nice change from usual meat/potatoes. I used sausage meat cuz that's what I had, seasoned it with garlic and a blob of cheez whiz on top cuz I didn't have cheese slices. You could really put whatever meat/herbs/seasonings you wanted in these and they would turn out yummy!"
"My very picky husband and son really enjoyed these. To save time I use dried minced onion vs. chopping fresh. They were super easy and fast to put together for weeknight dinner and my son could help which is a plus since he's 3. Also think we can easily customize to try different flavors, tastes and still appeal to their specific requests. Next time I think I'd add some diced tomatoes or green pepper to try for a more Mexican flavor. We'll make these again for sure!"
"The family loved these. Will be making them again soon."
"bad the whole family didn't like it"
"Very good. Easy to make and had a good taste. I only used one biscuit for each pocket, which made more and they are good reheated. This is a keeper!!!"
"My 3 teens loved them, I used about a pound and a quarter of burger and 2 tubes of the dough. Omitted onions.My kids want to deep fry them next time, so we may try that!"
"I made them with ground beef and sauteed onions. Delicious! I love that you could stuff the pockets with whatever ingredients you wanted to."