Ground beef is my favorite meat to cook with because it's so versatile, flavorful and economical. Refrigerated biscuits save you the trouble of making dough from scratch.—Pat Chambless, Crowder, Oklahoma
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 5 slices process American cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and cool.
- Place two biscuits overlapping on a floured surface; roll out into a 5-in. oval. Place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture on one side. Fold a cheese slice to fit over meat mixture. Fold dough over filling; press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining biscuits, meat mixture and cheese.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Prick tops with a fork. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Cheeseburger Pockets in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p263
Reviews for Cheeseburger Pockets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review