Cheeseburger Pitas Recipe
"Years ago, my mom converted a stuffed pepper recipe into this easy pita sandwich that calls for leftover rice," relates Becky Floyd of Riverside, California. "I've loved it since I was a kid, and now it's one of my husband's favorites, too." TIP: "For added convenience, use frozen diced green pepper and onions," advised Becky.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 pita pocket halves
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the rice, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 2. Stir in cheese; cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Spoon mixture into pita pockets. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Pitas
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC