Cheeseburger Pie Recipe
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/3 cup dill pickle juice
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with flour and salt; stir until blended. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 3. Spoon into pastry shell. Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 302 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 804mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Pie
"The only thing I would change about this recipe is to save 1 cup of the cheese and sprinkle over the top before baking - I think that makes for a more attractive presentation. Loved the taste!"
"I decreased the pickles a bit as they were too strong for my family's tastes, but this was really good!"