This meat pie tastes so much like a cheeseburger—right down to the pickles in it! We home-school our children so I like easy recipes like this that get them involved in cooking.—Rhonda Cannady, Bartlesville, Oklahoma
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/3 cup dill pickle juice
- 1/3 cup milk
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty
- foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes
- longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over
- medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with
- flour and salt; stir until blended. Stir in the remaining
- Spoon into pastry shell. Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden
- brown. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 302 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 804 mg sodium,