Cheeseburger Pie Recipe
This meat pie tastes so much like a cheeseburger—right down to the pickles in it! We home-school our children so I like easy recipes like this that get them involved in cooking.—Rhonda Cannady, Bartlesville, Oklahoma
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/3 cup dill pickle juice
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with flour and salt; stir until blended. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 3. Spoon into pastry shell. Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 302 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 804 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC