Cheeseburger Pie Recipe
This meat pie tastes so much like a cheeseburgerright down to the pickles in it! We home-school our children so I like easy recipes like this that get them involved in cooking.Rhonda Cannady, Bartlesville, Oklahoma
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/3 cup dill pickle juice
- 1/3 cup milk
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with flour and salt; stir until blended. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into pastry shell. Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cheeseburger Pie in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p259
Reviews for Cheeseburger Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2008
I decreased the pickles a bit as they were too strong for my family's tastes, but this was really good!