Cheeseburger Pepper Cups Recipe
I like to serve my grandkids something special, and this is one of their favorites. They like red or yellow peppers because they're sweeter and look more appetizing. —Betty Winscher, Royalton, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 medium sweet red, yellow or green peppers
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, tomato paste, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. Spoon into peppers.
- 2. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; pour broth around the peppers. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 413 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 893 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC