- 4 medium sweet red, yellow or green peppers
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, tomato paste, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. Spoon into peppers.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; pour broth around the peppers. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Pepper Cups
Sort By :
"Very good! Next time I would parboil peppers a little. They were too crunchy for me, I used white rice, added shredded cheddar in mix too and used tomato juice like the other reviewer did. Very good!"
"I made these for dinner last night with peppers from my garden and they were very tasty. I cut the rice in half and used v-8 juice since I didn't have vegetable broth on hand. I think they would also make a good freezer meal .A delicious and economical main dish."