I like to serve my grandkids something special, and this is one of their favorites. They like red or yellow peppers because they're sweeter and look more appetizing. —Betty Winscher, Royalton, Minnesota
- 4 medium sweet red, yellow or green peppers
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, tomato paste, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. Spoon into peppers.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; pour broth around the peppers. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cheeseburger Pepper Cups in Country Extra January 2002, p49
Reviews for Cheeseburger Pepper Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review