- 4 medium sweet red, yellow or green peppers
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, tomato paste, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. Spoon into peppers.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; pour broth around the peppers. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Pepper Cups
Sort By :
Very good! Next time I would parboil peppers a little. They were too crunchy for me, I used white rice, added shredded cheddar in mix too and used tomato juice like the other reviewer did. Very good!
I made these for dinner last night with peppers from my garden and they were very tasty. I cut the rice in half and used v-8 juice since I didn't have vegetable broth on hand. I think they would also make a good freezer meal .A delicious and economical main dish.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >