Cheeseburger Paradise Soup Recipe
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups 2% milk, divided
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Crumbled cooked bacon
- In a Dutch oven, bring the first nine ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and mushrooms in butter over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add to soup. Stir in 4 cups milk; heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Garnish with bacon. Yield: 14 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Cheeseburger Paradise Soup(62)
Sort By :
I am gluten free and i use a all purpose G/F flour or just rice flour.
Love this soup on a cold day!! For more flavor ---cook your bacon about a 1/2 pound set aside, save some of the dripping to cook the beef & mushrooms in (season with your favorite taco seasoning) (i add the mushrooms when the beef is almost done) when the beef and mushrooms are done crumble and add the bacon. Always a favorite in the fall and winter.
Really tasty. I did season the ground beef while cooking and skipped the mushrooms... and I drained the meat. Used 3/4 regular velvetta and 1/4 mexican velvetta (because I had it in the fridge). Will definately make it again.
Tastes like eating melted plastic thanks to the Velveeta. Next time I would use real cheddar and it might edible then.
Great meal on a cool Fall day.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Soup >
- Cheese Soup Recipes >
- Cheeseburger Soup >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Soup Recipes >