- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups 2% milk, divided
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Crumbled cooked bacon
- In a Dutch oven, bring the first nine ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and mushrooms in butter over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add to soup. Stir in 4 cups milk; heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Garnish with bacon. Yield: 14 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Cheeseburger Paradise Soup
"Everyone loved it, will make it again."
"I doubled ALL the veggies, used half and half instead of milk and added one cup of sharp cheddar. Mmmm Mmmm Good!"
"We have been making this for over a year, it is amazing ! Leftovers are easily frozen."
"Delicious. Thick and chunky. My husband loved it."
"Good soup, needs zip"
"My husband and I really liked this soup. I added a few red pepper flakes to give it a little zing and was good. Might try and add some ground sausage to it next time."
"Can you freeze this?"
"Oh my yummy! This soup is a winner. I did make a few changes. I forgot to buy carrots, so I didn't add that; only added about half the mushrooms (not a huge mushroom fan, and I would chop them really small next time), and used 3 generous cups of sharp cheddar instead of Velveeta (personal preference). The leftovers are just as amazing. I will definitely be making this again, probably with bread bowls next time. Mmmmm!"