Cheeseburger Paradise Soup Recipe
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups 2% milk, divided
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Crumbled cooked bacon
- In a Dutch oven, bring the first nine ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and mushrooms in butter over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add to soup. Stir in 4 cups milk; heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Garnish with bacon. Yield: 14 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Cheeseburger Paradise Soup(82)
Sort By :
Everyone raved about this soup at Deer Camp - men AND women! Very satisfying!
This was a good recipe because my family liked it. I guess I didnt care for it too much because it was so thick! It almost has too much cheese in it (is there such a thing?) So I would suggest maybe making it with extra beef broth, or bouillon cubes and water and topping it with cheese. For my personal tastes anyway...
I have made this recipe for years now. I got this recipe from the original magazine it came out in 2010. My whole family loves it. Even our daughter since she was old enough to eat it has ate every bite. We do leave the mushrooms out since I am not a big fan. It's the first thing we make once it gets cold!
excellent! My family loved it. I didn't put mushrooms in it though
Really good flavor. My husband and I enjoyed this. I used cheddar cheese instead of Velveeta. Velveeta has way too many chemicals for me. And I used canned mushrooms because I was out of fresh mushrooms. But my husband raved about it! That says a lot!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Soup >
- Cheese Soup Recipes >
- Cheeseburger Soup >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Soup Recipes >