Cheeseburger Pancakes Recipe
Donna Wenzel of Monroe, Michigan combines the flavors of juicy cheeseburgers and freshly baked buns in this dinner delight. "Served with ketchup, a cheese sauce or cream of mushroom soup mixed with half-and-half, this is a hearty meal the whole family enjoys," she writes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef, onion, celery and green pepper until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in soup, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Stir in cheese.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Combine the egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Add beef mixture; mix well.
- 3. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Cook for 4-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 210 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC