Cheeseburger Pancakes Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef, onion, celery and green pepper until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in soup, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Stir in cheese.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Combine the egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Add beef mixture; mix well.
- 3. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Cook for 4-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: about 2 dozen.
2 each: 210 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 453mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Pancakes
"This recipe is economical, filling, and just plain fun! This is a great way to stretch a pound of ground beef, I appreciate the amont of vegetables used, and my husband is a fan of the hamburger component. Plate up a couple of these and a side and you've got yourself a good meal! Thank you for the recipe, Donna."