Cheeseburger Mini Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the ketchup, milk, butter, eggs and mustard; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the beef mixture and cheese.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Mini Muffins
Sort By :
I loved these muffins. I, too, followed the earlier comments and added twice the ground beef and half of the cheese. Yummy!
I really enjoyed these "muffins"! They are a little dense, but I didn't mind it. I chose to skip the ketchup in the mix, since I wasn't sure how it would go over with my kids, so instead I added an extra 1/4 cup of milk. I also used a whole pound of burger, as other reviewers suggested, and I did lower the temp to 400. They were done in 20 minutes! Served with diced onions and tomatoes and ketchup and mustard for dipping! Yummy!
Liked the flavor, but not the texture. Followed recipe exactly but they turned out dense, heavy and too dark. Why?
I had a spare 1/2 pound of ground beef and decided to make this recipe. My kids (and myself) couldn't get enough. I like that's more hearty than a regular muffin, but portable for road trips and busy days. I also like that the recipe made a lot (I made the regular sized muffins) so I had quite a bit left over to freeze. Will be making again!
I used Velveeta instead of cheddar cheese. I think Next time I will add chopped fresh Jalapeno pepper. :)