- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the ketchup, milk, butter, eggs and mustard; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the beef mixture and cheese.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Mini Muffins
Sort By :
"I made the recipe as called for but my husband does'nt like cheese so I left it out. I thought they were delicious. I also made regular size cupcake. Next time I will add more ground beef."
"These are delicious, providing you use the right kind of ground beef. They taste amazing with raw pickles and tomatoes and condiments on top! One thing though: Opt for the grass-fed ground beef. Do not get the cheap ground chuck, it will make these taste gross."
"I made these exactly as written. When I finished filling the 48th mini muffin using a small scoop, I added a tablespoon or more of sriracha to the mix and filled about 9 regular sized muffins. The mini muffins were good, but the regular size ones that I added the sriracha to were awesome. I'm going to put them in the freezer and pull them out for the Super Bowl. DH said they tasted like cheeseburgers. I can see why others might add more beef, but I thought they were just fine as written for an appetizer."
"Family loved this - easy to make. I have 2 growing boys, so added 1 pound of meat instead of 1/2 to fill them up."
"I made these according to the ingredients listed and have to say, as printed, these are tasteless, boring, and definitely don't taste like a cheeseburger in a muffin. This is a great idea but needs an ingredient overhaul."