Cheeseburger Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
- 6 slices process American cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup ketchup, egg, bread crumbs and onion powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. On a large piece of waxed paper, pat beef mixture into a 10-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Spread remaining ketchup over meat to within 1/2 in. of long sides and 1-1/2 in. of short sides. Top with mustard and relish.
- 2. Place four cheese slices on top; set remaining cheese aside. Roll up loaf, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and pulling away waxed paper while rolling. Seal seams and ends well. Place loaf, seam side down, in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Cut the reserved cheese slices in half diagonally; place on top of loaf. Return to the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Meat Loaf
"love this recipe one of my go to meatloaf recipes"
"Hubby loves it!"
"Everyone loved this in my family. Luckily, I made double. You can add extras to make it just the way you like. I like that it cooked faster than a usual meatloaf."
"Delicious! It does taste like a cheeseburger without the bun! Add some oven fried potatoes for an easy oven prepared meal!"
"We all like this spin on meatloaf! I sometimes add liquid smoke to flavor it more like a burger, and any leftovers are cut and served on buns the next day. Kid friendly, yet my husband likes it too."
"Kids liked the cheeseburger taste."
"Tasty, but I'm not coordinated enough to make it work!"
"I do not like meat loaf....this I love and so does my husband. Thank you for such a great recipe."
"I added a little salt and liquid smoke to this. It took longer to cook than I expected, but that was likely due to it being rolled. I served this on chopped lettuce and tomato and put mayo and ketchup on when I served it. I was also generous with the relish and mustard. Yummy recipe, I highly recommend it!"
"Yum! I'll have to try both the Worcestershire and the french fried onions."
"This recipe is delicious!! In place of onion powder, I use about 2 tablespoons of grated onion (makes the loaf even juicier!), and whatever kind of shredded cheese I have, on the top. My kid like this with ketchup on the side, and any kind of potatoes :)"
"One of my favorite dinners to make! I make it with the cheese potato puff recipe. Very yummy!"
"Followed another reviewer's suggestion and used the french fried onions on top. It was delicious and a big hit with my husband, he loved it!"
"My boys do not like meatloaf. This recipe is an exception. My son Christopher (12) has made this a few times."
"FANTASTIC! This is our new way to make meatloaf! It's such a pleasant change from regular boring meatloaf for our family. The cheeseburger flavor is right on, yet subtle enough to not be overwhelming. I stay very close to original recipe, except I increase the beef to 1.5 lbs so it fills the pan better and gives us more leftovers! The men in our family LOVE and request this often. We highly recommend!"
"Very delicious. I will definitely make this again. Hubby loved it!"
"I can never make a flavorful meatloaf and this definitely was..i added a table spoon of worsteshire sauce, a teaspoon of oregano and i pulled it out 10 minutes early and topped with french fried onions instead of the cheese topping and put it back in for the remaining time..the crunchy topping worked really well..it was great!"
"We loved this and I am not a fan of meatloaf. Tastes like a cheeseburger to me. I will make it again since hubby always wants meatloaf and it's like a compromise to me."
"I am not really a go for seconds on the meatloaf type of person but this was so good! I even used 93/7 beef and 2% cheese and was still fabulous!"
"The whole family enjoyed this meatloaf. I didn't use the relish because I didn't know if the kids would like that, but next time I make this meatloaf I will try the relish."
"I have also exchanged the kethup/mustard with BBQ sauce. I also put pre-cooked bacon inside the roll. Kids love it anyway I make it ."
"Delicious meat loaf. Very moist. Great presentation. Makes wonderful sandwiches the next day if any is left."
"I will be making this recipe from now on...the whole family (even picky baby!) ate it up...no leftovers tonight. Thank you so much"
"I don't normally like meatloaf but this was SO GOOD! My husband and daughter were begging for more!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.