Cheeseburger Meat Loaf Recipe
I created this meat loaf one day when I wanted to make cheeseburgers—my husband's favorite—but it was too chilly to grill outside. I've served it numerous times since then, and it never fails to get rave reviews. Even your most finicky eater will enjoy this oven-baked main dish. And you'll appreciate the price—just 51¢ a serving. —Paula Sullivan Barker, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
- 6 slices process American cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup ketchup, egg, bread crumbs and onion powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. On a large piece of waxed paper, pat beef mixture into a 10-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Spread remaining ketchup over meat to within 1/2 in. of long sides and 1-1/2 in. of short sides. Top with mustard and relish.
- 2. Place four cheese slices on top; set remaining cheese aside. Roll up loaf, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and pulling away waxed paper while rolling. Seal seams and ends well. Place loaf, seam side down, in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Cut the reserved cheese slices in half diagonally; place on top of loaf. Return to the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC