- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a bowl, combine soups, milk, basil and pepper; mix well. Stir in beef mixture. Fold in macaroni and cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Macaroni
"Feed the Gang for less! You can definately stretch out these few basic ingredients to make a yummy one dish meal. I used the suggestion and used cream or onion & regular Cheddar cheese and it worked just fine. Also during browning of beef used a bit of cumin, chili pepper & steak seasoning. Husband took the leftovers to work the next day - and that's saying a lot! He's not a leftover guy :)"
"We has leftover meatloaf and I used it in the recipe in place of the ground beef. The kids didn't notice and all loved it. I will make it again. My husband loved this, too. Thanks!"