- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Minced chives
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in macaroni, broth, milk, ketchup, steak seasoning, mustard and onion powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in cheese until melted. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCheeseburger Macaroni Skillet
"I made this tonight because it used just a few ingredients and looked quick. This was incredibly tasty! I thought the Montreal steak spice gave it some extra kick, and I'm surprised that some other reviewers found it bland. It thickened just right for me (again, many reviewers seemed to have a problem with this). I made this exactly as is and will definitely make again! My picky two year old gave it a huge thumbs up and had 2nds...then 3rds!"
"This is a keeper! I think the flavors work very well together, particularly the addition of the steak seasoning. I used whole milk because it's what I had on-hand and I used slightly more than the 3 cups of broth (I used two cans which is almost four cups), but the recipe turned out wonderfully."
"This has quickly become a family favorite. easy to make, and if there are leftovers, they heat up great for lunches later in the week."
"I just made this today (7/10/14) and it is a huge hit even with my little guy that doesn't like Hamburger Helper. I did it exactly like the recipe with out problems. I'm not sure why anyone would have problems with it thickening unless they didn't read the ingredients to see that it is uncooked pasta. I will be making it again!"
"Simple, family friendly dinner!"
"Way too bland for my family. So, I added garlic and chili powder, still not very good. I would not recommend. I did not have too much broth as others mentioned."
"The dish was okay. I added more pasta which absorbed the extra liquid."