Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet
This is the ultimate simple and fulfilling dinner that uses items I typically have right in my own cupboard. So easy to prepare and cooking all in one skillet makes it a snap for clean up. —Juli Meyers, Hinesville, Georgia
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Minced chives
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until
- no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in macaroni, broth, milk, ketchup, steak seasoning, mustard and
- onion powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15
- minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 338 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 611 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.