Our family of four loves this creamy and cheesy casserole so much that we have few leftovers. It's a delicious quick meal for those busy days on the farm.—Carol Buckman, Colony, Kansas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a bowl, combine soups, milk, basil and pepper; mix well. Stir in beef mixture. Fold in macaroni and cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheeseburger Macaroni in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p243
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Macaroni
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review