Cheeseburger Cups Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Press each biscuit onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased muffin cup. Spoon beef mixture into cups; top with cheese cubes. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Cups
Sort By :
"Lip smackin' good, kid approved, easy meal... a general crowd pleaser. Would be a super fun appetizer assembled in a mini cupcake pan. Substituted shredded colby jack and reduced the sugar to 1 tbsp...just right."
"I doubled the recipe and used 1# beef 1# pork...super easy. I'd probably eliminate the sugar and use relish next time."
"I used to make these when I was young for my family of 8, and will make them for my grandchildren now - the smaller size is easier than giving a whole burger to a small child, and is easier to eat. I use dried minced onion while browning the meat. I made the biscuit dough myself - a simple Bisquick recipe will work, and also helps if you need to halve or double the recipe. Also, if you would, like just substitute your favorite BBQ sauce for the ketchup, etc., 1/2 to 3/4 cup should be enough, and use whatever shredded or cubed cheese you like. Add a salad or favorite vegetable on the side and your meal is ready! By the way, mommamae, the brown sugar would be part of a homemade BBQ sauce, which is what is being done here. and as others have noted, the amount used is flexible, and there are many alternatives. I noticed that you didn't mention actually making this recipe - which is what a review is supposed to be. I wouldn't dream of telling anyone else what they should be eating, and always wonder why some people make snarky comments about foods they personally don't like or wouldn't eat."
"I love this recipe as do my kids - it is so easy and it is like a sloppy joe that is in a cup - really good."
"FANTASTIC!!! Decreased brown sugar to 1Tablespoon and it was plenty sweet. Added onion to browning meat. Instead of cubed "Velveeta" I used shredded Colby Jack cheese. Absolutely YUMMY! Husband loved it and daughter is making it tomorrow night. Nice & Easy! Thankx!"