- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Remove from the heat; set aside.
Press each biscuit onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased muffin cup. Spoon beef mixture into cups; top with cheese cubes. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pastries in a freezer container, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, thaw pastries in the refrigerator for 8 hours. Reheat on a baking sheet in a preheated 375° oven until heated through. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Cups
"Super! Used honey mustard because it was on hand and used shredded cheese instead since I didn't have Velveeta. Loved this recipe and will use again!"
"Amazing! BOTH my kiddos loved it and that's saying something! :) Will definitely make it again."
"Great recipe, my fiance and kids loved it. I kind of revised it a tad, I replaced the biscuit with jumbo pasta shells. Turned out awesome!! Will make again."
"Pretty good recipe , quick and easy. My second time making it."
"We don't even have kids but we love these! Cut the brown sugar a little bit and usually add a little bit of sriracha or other hot sauce. Going to try to find a way to make little appetizer bites out of these with smaller biscuits."