"This is a family favorite for cold blustery days," writes Rebecca McCabe from Ekalaka, Montana. "It's very filling and an easy meal when served with corn bread or biscuits."
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups milk, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, bouillon and salt. Add
- potatoes and celery. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk until smooth; gradually stir into beef
- mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened and bubbly. Stir in the remaining milk; heat through. Stir
- in cheese until melted. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 261 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 696 mg sodium,