Cheeseburger Chowder Recipe
After tasting a wonderful chowder at a restaurant, I dressed up can of cheese soup to see if I could capture the same flavors. I then took things a step further by adding chilies and Southwestern spices, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. —Lori Risdal Sioux City, Iowa
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Coarsely crushed corn chips, shredded Monterey Jack cheese and chopped green onions, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, milk, potatoes, chilies, taco seasoning, onion and chili powder until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with corn chips, cheese and green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cheeseburger Chowder in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p31
Reviews for Cheeseburger Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2011
"Eh, kinda tasted like Hamburger Helper soup...."
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2011