Casseroles are a favorite in my household so I make this recipe often. It is easy to assemble before hand and make when I get home from a busy day at work.Sherilyn Charlton, Rockford, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 2 slices cheddar cheese, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the beef and onion; drain. Add
- water, ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5
- minutes. Top with cheese; cover and let stand for 3-5 minutes or
- until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 469 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 1,315 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.